Pilates is a fantastic way to get fit without loading the joints, so it is great for all ages and levels of abilities. It has unlimited potential to help achieve all physical goals in life such as:
- Preventing injury and rehabilitation - for hyper-mobile individuals as well as to increase ranges of movement for tightly restricted individuals
- Great for cross training in all sports
- Eliminating lower back issues – Pilates focuses on core muscles, so it will dramatically improve lower back issues if worked on consistently
- Pre-natal/post-natal health
Fundamental Pilates Matwork is a fun way to get fit and healthy and it can help to strengthen the body to improve performing in climbing and any other forms of exercise. Pilates Matwork focuses on teaching participants the principles of Pilates including:
- Engaging the transverse abdominals, which are the muscles that wrap around the waist to stabilize the lower back, the trunk of the body and improve pelvic stability and strength
- Shoulder stability while getting strength in a better range of movements
- Core strength and stability
- Pelvic floor activation
The classes will continue to build the Pilates Matwork foundation repertoire and has a group class size of max 10 participants. There is a focus on flow of each movement and gradual progressions of the exercises. Please wear comfortable exercise clothes and bring water for hydration. All equipment is provided and shoes are not worn during the class.
The 6 week course costs $120 ($132 non-members). Sign up and payment needs to be made in advance to secure a spot. Check in with one of the friendly BlocHaus staff to sign up.